Thursday, February 28, 2008
It's been a while since I've been on here... writing my thoughts down on virtual paper for any and all to read. Why?? Because my beautiful daughter somehow gained access to the lifeline of my computer and decided it needed to be replaced. So currently, as I write with my interim computer, the slowness of the computer can't seem to keep up with my thoughts. So, although this blog that I've started may seem like it is taking an eternity to write, it should only take you reader/s a few moments of time to read. As the few precious minute of quiet pass in this early morning hour... early for me, I have been pondering just what it is God does while we struggle through our "growing moments." I think back to watching my two year old attempt new things. Things that seem so easy and common place to me, yet are such huge accomplishments for her. For example, climbing on to the couch. So simple for me, like climbing a mountain with no handles for her. Yet, as I watch her do things for the first time, as I watch her brain work, because trust me, if you ever watch a two year old, you can see when they're thinking, I am so proud to see her step out in faith that she can do it... she can make it through one more little jaunt of learning. I think that must be how God feels about us sometimes. Things that make such sense to Him (after all, He is the creator of all) and seem so difficult to us as we go through them, must be such a proud moment for Him when we do choose to step out and step up in Faith. I was reading the good book this morning and read about spiritual gifts and how each of us has a place in the body of Christ... I pondered how that might look on a smaller scale... not just in the large church body, or the small church body, but in our everyday lives... look at your friends and family... most of us have a someone to go to that can give us encouragement, wisdom, discernment, a strong prophetic word. We are all part of the body. Just remember today, as you are living your day to day lives, that we are all in this together. Here to uplift one another, and here to share each other's good times and hard times. We are not alone as we climb those big couches in our lives. There is always someone there to give us a helping hand or boost and a Father that is standing by ready to catch you if you fall and stand with you through out your precious moments in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really needed that. Going to the Word now.
Post a Comment