
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, do not run like a man running aimlessly..." 1 Corinthians 9:24-26.
I've been thinking (yeah yeah, what's new...) and I've been trying to see life in a new way. It's amazing how much life can come from such an ancient book: the Bible. My husband and I visited a church this weekend and I just loved something that the pastor said. He said that if you are struggling, if you're angry, or stressed out, or just "sad," that he would want you to ask yourself how your devotional life is. Not your prayer life, or your Bible reading... your devotional life. He made a point to clarify that. Truly and honestly friends, my devotional life has rather sucked since I moved from what I now catch myself calling home... down south Louisiana. (BTW- I already am catching the NW accent again..blah). Really, although I've been putting my energies into organizing my new house, preparing for my new job, and learning how to be a better loving Mom, I've been running completely aimless in my life with God. I have excuses. Don't we all... "I can't find a church I like. That pastor's hysterical but the church is too big. Their worship isn't personal. Blah Blah Blah." What does that have to do with my devotional life people!? NOTHING!!! I'm just plain lazy!
Now- in your race... what is it that you keep hearing God tell you over and over and over again, and yet, somehow, you just aren't disciplined in yet? Is it tithing? Prayer? Giving? Just plain being patient and loving? For me it's several areas, but in reality it all can be boiled down to just being undisciplined and plain LAZY! "Christi- get up and pray for your friends, family, country, enemies... You ARE A PRAYER WARRIOR! Do you get that yet? Oh- and while you're at it, do some exercise and take care of the temple that I gave you already! Oh, and by the way, get patient! Last but not least, do something with that voice I gave you, gifts are given to be used! Peace Out, God!"
WOW-- how easy it is to feel like a total loser! See, when I read the above aforementioned scripture, I don't just see the race being life. I see it in a literal sense too... get in shape! Your body is no good to me if it's not healthy and thriving! When you eat crap, you get tired, lazy, and sick! Your body is VERY easily effected by what you eat, so eat good! AND-- exercise! If you feel like crap, you'll sleep all day and be lazy, and you won't share my joy and love with those around you! So yeah, that's kinda important for me. Did I mention that I'm not a morning person? Yeah... God's been asking me for AT LEAST 10 years (yes really!) to get up an hour earlier than I need to and get to exercising, my spirit and my body. HELLO PEOPLE, that's 5 AM!!!! (For those of you that don't know me or have forgotten-- I'm not a morning person... in fact, imagine Fred Flintstone (sp?) without food for a night and you got me at 5am... a cranky terror!)
So here I am again. At a crossroads... "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost
The road less traveled by... do you have the courage for that? I often hope and pray I do. So tonight, I challenge myself once again (maybe God did really, for that matter). I am to exercise both my warrior spirit and my warrior temple. I am to nourish it with healthy food, both the Word and the physical. I will take that road less traveled and I will see the difference God makes in my life!
Who will join me? What is lacking in your race? Where is God calling you to step forward? It's always good to share it-- accountability is a grand thing! Will you run this race with me?
1 comment:
Funny........did you read my blog yet? Don't.......your post is also my mind....amazing how God gives you friends, true genuine friends, that know you. I love you and I will run this race with you. It sucks completely but he is right about devoutional life. Things get good, I let go of God again.....Hello, He says, what do I have to do to get your attention. It hurts and I really am ticked off right now, I want to say the heck with all of this drama.... But I know what I have to do and I just am fighting Him to the very core on this one. I know I can't give up, I have to finish the race, I have to press on, but sometimes I just don't want to. I want to run far, far away, but He knows I need Him and He will keep knocking me over the head until I get it, but I don't like it. But I am with you. Most definitely, I will keep you in my prayers and try my best to hold you accountable as well. I love you girl........thank you for your honesty in this post......
Post a Comment