Sunday, March 21, 2010

Value

I've been working on my "issues..." you know, some people struggle with judgment, others contentment, others anger, etc. Mine? Mine is value... where does my value lay? I used to complain a lot (and sometimes, more often than I'd like, I still do) about issues at home, family, motherhood, etc... I'm working on that, and I REALLY feel like I'm slowly improving (though not as quick as I, or some of my friends, lol, would like). I learned that there is more to my struggle now...

I feel blessed to have my wonderful husband, beautiful children, and all the many wonderful gifts God has provided... but I forget that I'm supposed to feel blessed because of who God made ME. I'm overweight. Check. I'm tired. Check. Don't have time to do this/that/next thing. Check. Someday. Check. ETCETERA, ETCETERA, ETCETERA. I pulled out my old book, "One month to live," in hopes that it'd give me a renewed urgency to love myself as well.

Another struggle I've worked on is learning to have fun again... Yes, actually, that is a struggle. Many of you may know I used to be that girl that would jump in a 30 degree lake in March, play crazy & silly games, dress different, shout to the mountains, joyous! I've somehow lost touch with the child in me. MIND: "I've gotta be responsible, serious, reliable, and trustworthy. I'll look like an idiot. Someone might see..." REALITY CHECK: I'm PROUD!!!

Wait, what did you say? Proud? Yep! I'm too proud to be embarrassed or humiliated. When did I become THAT person?

So I've taken the challenge and am letting you all keep me accountable... I'm challenging to live life the way God made us to live it-- to the fullest of who He made us to be! Who am I? I'm a worshiper! I'm a mother! I'm a wife! I'm a woman! I'm a daughter, sister, aunt, and lover. I'm passionate about my beliefs and my dreams. I'm a Dreamer-- did I ever mention that? I had dreams once and I'm allowing myself to let go of my biggest fear, failure, to start dreaming again. Wish me luck! Life- here I come.

1 comment:

Sing4joy said...

so long status quo! I think you just let go!!